Saturday, August 7, 2010

Mommy time

After making the "dog cake" last Saturday morning I took off for Denver in the mid-afternoon. I went down to meet 3 of my favorite sisters. There were six of us who went out to a wonderful dinner and then back to some friends house to continue good conversation among good friends. I know it sounds cheesy but there is something so refreshing about being with people who know you well. Friends who encourage you to be who you are and nothing less. I had a lovely time.

Sunday morning (still in Denver) I started my day with a little Starbucks and then a day of running errands. I am not really a "shopper," but I had a growing list of things I couldn't find in Summit County. The highlight was definitely wandering around Michael's with no children trying to escape from the cart. I left with some great new baking/craft items.

I finished my time in the Big D with a bridal shower for a dear friend who is getting married later this month. It was great to see her and celebrate her upcoming wedding. I returned by dinner time on Sunday evening and was welcomed with hugs and kisses from not only my husband but my children too. They were excited to see me and apparently missed me because they colored pictures for me and were proudly displayed on our refrigerator.



What a treat to have some girl time/Mommy-alone time. And a big thank you to my husband for help making it possible.

1 comment:

  1. It was a super sweet time for us too... There really is nothing like being with people who know you well and love you as you are. It was so good to see you ~ Can't wait to hang out again when you are in Tulsa!

    ReplyDelete