Monday, January 30, 2012

Doing Okay

I feel like after my last post I need to clarify that I am doing alright. I have received several texts, emails, and phone calls from friends and family checking in/encouraging me/asking me how I am doing. Thank you! My life isn't always neatly packaged and I felt really good after venting a bit on the blog.

It is the beginning of another week and I had a great weekend. I had some individual time with all of my children (it is rare but so good) and a special date with my husband (thanks to a thoughtful friend). I also got to spend some time in the kitchen making a cake for one of my friends and that is something that is a definite stress reliever right there. See Cake below...


Also, I talked a little in my last post about wanting to go on this retreat. That is not going to happen. But, I am going to go to this. It is a two day conference in Denver...

"for adoptive and foster parents, ministry leaders and professionals designed to help them better understand how to connect with children from hard places in order to help them heal and become all that God desires for them to be."

Anyone want to join me?!

I am excited and looking forward to April! Thanks again for all the encouragement. Parenting is by far the toughest job I have ever had.

No comments:

Post a Comment