Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Aunt Jemima

Last night I spent a good deal of time in the kitchen. It is actually one of my favorite places to be. I made some baby food; I made our dinner; and I made some pumpkin pie bites (thank you Bakerella). As I was working in the kitchen, Mark told me I am like a white version of Aunt Jemima. I wasn't really sure what he meant by this. I am assuming it was some kind of compliment. She seems cool to me ~ I really love pancakes and her syrup... and like me she is probably the "Boss" in the kitchen.


(This is the picture Mark left for me on my computer desktop)

I googled her and found out that the first woman, to represent "Aunt Jemima" was Nancy Green. She was born on this day, November 17 1834. Pretty neat. I also found the Aunt Jemima website complete with recipes listed on their site. The Banana Bread Pancake Recipe looks particularly tasty. Also, another interesting fact is that the Aunt Jemima Brand spans all the way back to 1889, when the first ready made mix was put on the market.

I am off to make pancakes, because all this talk of them is making me hungry!

No comments:

Post a Comment