Friday, September 18, 2009

Friday's Farmers Market

Fall is definitely in the air here. The aspens have begun turning their gorgeous gold and one must definitely be donning a jacket in the early mornings and late evenings. With fall comes lots of things I like: college football (I really just like for my team to win - Boomer Sooner!), Oktoberfest (this weekend), the changing leaves, a real need for hot drinks: hot chocolate, apple cider, etc. and of course the last bit of the year before the snow comes to stay.

(Picture: View of Lake Dillon from the Farmers Market today)

But before moving on to fall I want to mention one of my favorite things about the summer: the Dillon Farmer's Market. The DFM is every Friday over in Dillon, Colorado. I look forward to going and love walking around the different booths. The samples are fantastic: steak burgers, salsa, cookies, salmon, and many more. I love to buy their fresh flavored bread (cranberry walnut), the spicy cajun salmon dip, and the fresh produce. There is always live music and an assortment of people who show up for an event such as the Farmers Market. So Kudos to the Dillon Farmers Market for giving me an extra something to look forward to in my week and so long....until next summer when we will meet again.

No comments:

Post a Comment