Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Family Time

One thing that is really difficult for me about living in Colorado is that we are so far from our families. I appreciate the time we get to spend with Mark's family (parents, sisters/spouses, cousins, etc) as well as the time we have my family when we make visits. I was especially thankful this trip as there was almost one whole day where we were together the entire time. My mom and I started the day early with some garage sale-ing where I picked up this super cute monkey costume for H. Then my parents and I loaded up the car with the kids and drove to the zoo where we met Uncle Jacob and Aunt Amie.


Amie and Jacob


Grandpa and Jack


GiGi and Hannah


Hannah enjoying the woodchips - notice they are in her hair


Jack at the petting zoo.

Warm weather, trains to look at, animals to see, the playground (truly the biggest hit), and time together at the zoo made for a fun and exhausting day. Later that night after some well-earned naps we celebrated my brother's birthday with some yummy burgers and ice cream cake!

It was lots of fun and much needed to have time with my family on this trip. Love you guys! Can't wait to see you again when you come visit this summer!

1 comment:

  1. I love all of the photos. And I love that the 7 of you got to spend the day together. What a special time your visit here must have been for your family. I am continuously thanking God for the time I was blessed to spend with you all. I cannot wait to come to Colorado this summer :) I am halfway through my 2nd week of work and am really enjoying it. Catch up with you soon xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete