Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Blizzard of the Month

Ah, yes, the Blizzard of the Month club returns. Although I don't seem to be having much success lately. October was Pumpkin Pie - yuck! For November, the Dairy Queen marketing folks must have taken a vacation because they repeated July's Blizzard. And December was candy cane chill blizzard - not a big fan of peppermint in my ice cream.

Here it is:

Candy Cane Chill Blizzard
"A mouth-watering combination of peppermint candy cane pieces and rich chocolate chunks mixed with creamy DQ® soft serve."

Since I was visiting Oklahoma and my brother, the other founder of my club lives there, the plan was to go to together. However, due to bad weather and horrendous holiday traffic he was unable to make it. I don't blame him, it took us 30 minutes to get home from DQ which is only 2.5 miles away from my parents home. So, I took my husband Mark, who was nice enough to agree to my silly blizzard rating game. I didn't give him much of a choice but "Thanks Mark!"

Mark said:

"I give it a 6. Too much peppermint, not enough chocolate. If given a choice to buy again I'd go back to the brownie batter blizzard."

And my mom couldn't come with us either, she got stuck at work. So we brought one to her.
Janice (Mom) said:

"I give it an 8. I loved the crunch of the mint mixed with the chunks of chocolate."

And my loyal friend Mandy from IN. said:

"I liked the Candy Cane Chill Blizzard. It had a good mix of chocolate and peppermint. I think it was fun that the ice cream was pink. It was very festive tasting--perfect thing to eat a few days before Christmas. I give it 8."

Oh yes and I did try it. I tried a bite of Mark's and I said:
"Ew, yuck, peppermint. Needs more chocolate."

Thanks to all the participants, here's to hoping for something chocolatey for next month, I need a good one. And if anyone else wants to participate, you are welcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment