Wednesday, July 15, 2009

I-600A Form

We have been waiting for our home study to arrive in the mail. It was approved by the state and arrived today. Thank goodness! I have been a bit neurotic in checking the mail lately; I went twice today - it was there the second time. Jack and I drove it to Mark's office and we sent our approved home study, marriage/birth certificates, some $ for the fee, and our I-600A form to USCIS (United States Citizenship and Immigration Services). Our I-600A form is our "Application for Advance Processing of an Orphan" - it is the form you fill out before an orphan has been located or identified for adoption. Essentially it will give us a neat little piece of paper called our I-171H form which we need to proceed with our adoption. But yeah!!! It will be there tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment