Friday, July 17, 2009

Muffin Mom


Jack is now comforted by things we can do for him and is slightly distractable by our singing, clapping, dancing, etc. One of his favorite songs is "Do you know the Muffin Man?" The other morning he woke up and was crying to let me know he was hungry. So I start singing the Muffin Man song. He starts smiling, I keep singing, and then he remembered he was hungry. But it worked for a minute. He almost always smiles and coos at me during this song, it is so cute. Because this song is sung so often I have made up many verses to this song. One verse details all the kinds of muffins we eat, one talks about who eats the muffins. This morning as I was actually making muffins, I came up with a new verse talking about the "Muffin Mom." Cheesy, I know, but what do you expect from a woman who spends most of her day with a 10 week old who doesn't talk yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment