Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Grandmammie visits


Mom came in town this last weekend. She was here Thursday night to Monday morning. This was her first visit with actual summer weather - it was warm and sunny. Friday we went to the Farmer's Market in Dillon to walk around and enjoy the beautiful weather. We ate Dairy Queen Blizzards for Lunch --yum! And then Mark grilled steak burgers for us for dinner.



Saturday morning Mom and I left Jack with Mark - and with our donuts and coffee, we went garage sale-ing. We found a few good finds - a couple of clothes for Jack, some shoes for our little girl, an extra bumbo seat. Then we made a quick stop at Walmart before heading home where Mom (a.k.a. Grandmammie - she jokingly referred to herself as this, and now I think it might stick) watched Jack so I could make some blackberry jam. It is so fun to watch her with Jack - she sings to him, gets him to smile, dances for him, etc. Saturday night we had pizza and a movie uninterrrupted; Jack actually slept.



Sunday we skipped church and went to the Blue Moose, Mom's favorite breakfast place in Breckenridge. We dined al fresco in the warm morning sunshine. Mark and I both commented that we almost felt like we were on vacation - it was so darn relaxing.

(Jack ready to go to breakfast)

After breakfast we headed over to the outdoor market in Breckenridge, just to take a look around. Sunday afternoon we just stayed around the house and I got to make a strawberry rhubarb pie. We grilled again on Sunday evening and then stuffed ourselves full of pie.



One of the best things about her visit was staying up late to talk. Yes, I know sleep is still very precious to me - but I love our late night chats. One night we looked at recipes, and one night I asked questions about when she first started dating my dad. It was really fun and I appreciate the relationship I have with my mother as an adult.



Monday morning came all to quickly and I sent her home with hugs for Grandpa who wasn't able to make it out. Thank goodness our next visit is in just a month where we will take Jack on his first trip to Oklahoma.

1 comment:

  1. Sure did enjoy my visit with all 5 of you. Yes, I count my grand-dogs! I told my friends that it is wonderful to see your family so 'content'.
    You are a perfect couple, with an absolutely PERFECT son. :) I am so happy for you guys to be starting out on this 'new adventure' of parenthood. It is a challenge - but worth the rewards......even if they just start out as smiles! Thanks again for your hospitality!
    Grandmammie!

    ReplyDelete