Friday, November 25, 2011

Travels

I love to travel. I suppose this is fitting as I am a travel agent. I normally love to go places and love the way we get there, example - I enjoy plane rides, I love road trips. However, I do not enjoy this part of traveling at my current life stage. A few days ago we drove down to Denver and spent the night in a hotel - all 5 of us in one room. Let me just say that one of my children was still awake at 10:30.

Watching a movie in the hotel room, "winding down."

The next morning we woke up at 3:30AM and caught the 4 AM shuttle to the airport. Yikes, talk about tired kiddos. We caught a 6 AM flight to Atlanta, had about an hour layover and then took another flight to New York.

I won't go into all the details, I will just say it was stressful and it was so awful at different points of our aviation journey that I couldn't even cry. I was just in disbelief. Travel with a newly potty trained 2 year old, another 2 year old, and a 6 month old is something I would wish upon no one. My 2 year olds are old enough to watch movies but they are still two and act like it - a plane ride is no exception.


At least he slept a little bit on the plane.

The bottom line is that we made it and are now prepared to enjoy the next week here in New York visiting with family! I would also like to add that despite the elevated blood pressure and anxiety levels the outcome of our travels is definitely worth it!

Greeting Papa at the airport.

(kind of already dreading our 12 hour car ride at Christmas, anyone have any great tips?)

1 comment:

  1. well, somehow i missed this post until tonight, megan. cute pics! i greatly admire and respect and love the positive and gracious attitude you have about life and motherhood and going through crazy days like this one. i will definitely be calling you for help when i'm a mom some day! xoxo Oh, and i was trying to think of a tip for the 12 hour car ride and things my sis tries. lots of snacks and a dvd player for each kid seem to be her main tactics. my parents' favorite tactic was to drive through the night so that everyone would sleep (hopefully) for most of the trip. as i look back, i have to imagine that was difficult for my parents to endure driving all night. we used to drive to colorado for skiing every winter and we always left at like 6 or 8pm.

    ReplyDelete